Job Opening: Analyst - Reporter for Inside Elections
October 29, 2019 · 8:23 PM EDT
With the election cycle heating up, we’re looking to add to the Inside Elections team with an Analyst / Reporter.
I’m looking for someone who will contribute to Inside Elections’ nonpartisan coverage of campaigns through reporting, writing, and analysis, contributing to the race ratings, and guiding the production process. There will also be opportunities to participate in television and radio interviews, offer analysis to print reporters for attribution, and speak at events for subscribers. And it helps to have a tolerance for dad jokes.
This is a full-time, salaried position in Washington, D.C.
Qualifications and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Experience writing and reporting about campaigns, elections, and/or politics
• Ability and desire to remain nonpartisan in all capacities
• Interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and willingness to work as part of a team
• Responsibility to balance the freedom of a flexible work schedule and demands of news cycles
• Flexibility to adjust to needs of a small office
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
• Capability and experience to fulfill responsibilities listed
• Write 2-3 long, analytical pieces per issue
• Contribute regular, shorter pieces for InsideElections.com and each issue
• Interview congressional candidates and report from Capitol Hill, as necessary
• Update and maintain internal polling documents
• Lead gubernatorial coverage
• Coordinate short-term and long-term coverage with editor, staff, and contributing writers/analysts
• Work with layout designer to publish issues, including graphics and photo selections
• Edit stories
• Publish articles to website with links, multi-media elements, social media promotion
• Cultivate social media channels
Other Responsibilities as Assigned
• The Analyst/Reporter reports to the Editor
• The Analyst/Reporter coordinates with other Inside Elections staff and contributors
• The Analyst/Reporter may manage future interns
To apply for the Analyst / Reporter position, email a cover letter and resume to me - nathan [at] insideelections.com.